Foundations German: Level 1 (Palgrave Foundation Languages) (Palgrave Foundation Series Languages)
Tom Carty and Ilse Wührer
Foundations German 1 is a lively, interactive introduction to German. It has been designed and written for complete beginners on a taught course, mostly likely as part of an Institution-wide Language Programme (IWLP) or similar provision in the Higher or Further Education sectors.
• Designed specifically for IWLPs (including language options and electives, Languages for all, Open Learning Programmes and similar) so fits into the 20-24 week teaching year
• Top team of authors with wide experience of IWLPs
• A lively, creative classroon course with integrated pairwork and groupwork opportunities
• Scripted and unscripted dialogues provide a diverse range of audio material
• Contains a comprehensive self-study section for students for non-contact hours
• Written for the non-specialist HE/FE student – filled with relevant examples for the learner and a move away from the more tourist-based approach often found in language courses
• A highly illustrated and attractively laid out course from the publishers of Breakthrough
Two audio cassettes accompany this course. Ask your bookseller for ISBN 1403902569. The price of the cassettes includes a site licence allowing free duplication within an institution – see the Palgrave Macmillan website for details. Tapescripts are available free on request - call 01256 302794 - or can be downloaded from the website.
Tom Carty was formerly Principal Lecturer in German and IWLP Programme Leader at Staffordshire University and the University of Wolverhampton where he designed, managed and taught on the IWLP Programmes. He has written extensively on IWLP issues. He is co-author of this title and Series Editor for the whole Foundations Languages Series.
Ilse Wührer is Teaching Fellow in German at Keele University and Tutor on the Subsidiary German Course with responsibility for course planning. She has been teaching on IWLP courses for 10 years.
TOM CARTY was formerly Principal Lecturer in German and IWLP Programme Leader at Staffordshire University and the University of Wolverhampton, UK where he designed, managed and taught on the IWLP Programmes. He has written extensively on IWLP issues. He is co-author of this title and Series Editor for the whole Foundations Languages Series.ILSE WÜHRER is a teaching fellow at Keele University, UK and tutor on the Subsidiary German Course, with responsibility for course planning. She has been teaching on IWLP courses for 10 years. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|